To put it simple, how it works:
- Open a short position with 0.5x leverage
- Add the position in the AMM
you are equivalent to own shares of an ETF, whose assets are 50% ETH + 50% USD. The amount of USD is equal to the amount that you input in the “Add Liquidity” panel.
Your risk exposure is exactly the same with the liquidity provider of an ETH/USD Uniswap pool or a 50% ETH + 50% USD Balancer pool.
- A computer with Chrome browser installed.
(mobile wallet is not supported yet: <)
2. Install MetaMask wallet on Chrome. If you have a large amount of funds, better use Trezor or Ledger hardware wallet to maximize security; Follow the link to learn how to install MetaMask. If you don’t have a hardware wallet, you must keep the seed words and password carefully (copy the seed words the paper and lock it). If you lose the seed words, you will not be able to recover your wallet!
3. Transfer some ETH to the wallet.
Open mcdex.io/trade/ETH-PERP in Chrome.
- Click the “Connect Wallet” button at the top right of the page.
2. Choose MetaMask from the dailog.
3. Confirm in the MetaMask Dialog.
Note: If you cannot find the MetaMask Dialog, click the MetaMask icon at the top right of Chrome (When you cannot find the Dialog, you could check the icon):
4. Sign the message to authenticate.
5. You wallet address will be shown on the page after you succeed in connecting the wallet.
3 — Strategy 2: 50/50 Strategy
1. Go to the “order book” panel, click the “Best Bid” link OR input a proper limit price.
2. Set the target leverage to 0.5x.
(Note: leverage must be 0.5x. you can only add short positions to the AMM, long positions won’t work.)
3. According to the “Cost” and “Available”, input a quantity you want. For example in the below picture, I have 88.9ETH available, and I input 9800 USD to cost 88.64ETH.
4. Click the “Sell/Short” Button.
5. Confirm the order in the dialog.
6. Confirm to deposit funds to the smart contract in the MetaMask Dialog.
7. Wait for the transaction.
8. Sign the order by MetaMask.
9. After your order gets filled, you will have a short position.
10. Go to the AMM page and open the “50/50 strategy” tab in the “add liquidity” panel.
11. Click the “Add Liquidity” button.